Monday, December 1, 2014

Let's Talk About Wine

I am a lover of wine. I am a wine lover. I love wine. Is there another way I can say that? Oh, and I'm pretty sure wine loves me back.

"I enjoy cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food..."-Julia Childs

I guess if I found yet another way to express my love for wine, it might make me a bit of a wino. Oh wait, I found another way, and I'm ding it right now. I'm blogging about wine. My beloved better half surprised me with an 18 bottle dual zone wine fridge a couple of months ago from Wine Enthusiast, and I was absolutely over the moon. I can now have perfectly chilled wine any time I feel like it. I have my reds set to 55 degrees and my whites to 46. If you are interested, it can be purchased here . It fit in perfectly with my Zgallerie mirrored Butler Tray that I have had for a few years now. I love my little set up.










Ok, well onto the actual topic of this post.....WINE! Wonderfully delicious and yummy wine. I prefer red over white, and one of my favorite red wines (not including the insanely expensive ones I have gotten a chance to try over the years) is "Apothic Red".  The alcohol content is 13.5%, and it is described as follows by the manufacturer:

In 2012, Apothic Red was crafted from a blend of primarily Zinfandel, Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. These varieties come together seamlessly for a fruit-driven wine with fresh dark fruit flavors and jammy red fruit notes. The Zinfandel offers bold dark fruit flavors and spicy notes, complemented by the soft mouthfeel of Merlot. The Syrah adds layers of smooth blueberry, while the Cabernet Sauvignon delivers ripe fruit flavors and a firm structure. This decadent blend is framed by hints of black cherry, vanilla, and mocha.

I personally think it has a very smooth finish, and although it is really good with everything, I prefer it with spicier foods. It is a perfect blend of bold and soft flavors, and is a medium body wine. I recently got the chance to try the "Apothic White", and as I had hoped, it was equally delicious. The white is a great pairing with a light pasta or fish. 
Now to the best part of all. The price of this wine is more than affordable, and considering the quality, I'm almost a little surprised. But shhhh.....let's not tell anyone. They may raise the price if they find out how much of a steal it really is. But here's what I think you should do. Go to your nearest liquor or grocery store and grab yourself a bottle of Apothic Red, and then you can send me a message and thank me. You will love it. I promise. Comment on either my Facebook page or here, and let me know how you liked it.


XOXO,







No comments:

Post a Comment