Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Meet my new man!

I know I'm a little bit late, but let me introduce you to my new baby. Everyone, say hello to Enzo. Let me give you a little bit of history. When I first moved out on my own I got a little blue chihuahua girl that I named Tia. When she was 2.5 years old, Honey entered our lives. I was young and although I always took great care of the two of them, I knew they weren't quite getting the time they needed, so they moved to Sweden with my mother. I have always felt like I shouldn't get another dog as long as they are alive, so instead I have fostered shelter dogs over the years. I have even had a dog or two that I regretted letting go of.
Earlier this year I started seriously thinking about getting a pup of my own, and in the end of September, I finally did. I looked around for a while and I finally found someone (on accident) who had a beautiful litter of Cane Corsos, and as soon as I saw his color I knew I needed to have him. For those of you who don't know, a Cane Corso is an Italian Mastiff and range from about 80-160lbs. The range  in weight is so big because Americans tend to breed for weight more than anything. I will dedicate a blog post to the breed on a later date.


This little boy is so darn cute (as most puppies are) and he is so funny. How can you resist this face?

     




Or how can you resist the frog legs?? When I got him home he was 7.5 weeks (I thought he was 8 weeks until I saw the paperwork after I already got him), and 13lbs. He started growing about 2-3lbs per week and was actually a surprisingly good puppy. I am not usually a fan of puppies because they are hyper, not potty trained, chew on things, and don't listen. Enzo however, was super chill from day one and didn't do much wrong except pee in the house. He never did a #2 in the house, even from day one. He didn't chase the cat, and did't chew on things he wasn't supposed to. Oh, except for socks. He has a thing for socks.lol What most people don't understand is that most shelter dogs are housebroken, or at least mostly so. I will do a whole other post on that later.
I wished I would have waited to get a puppy in the spring so that I could take him everywhere with me to help socialize him , but I did take him as much as I could when I first got him home. He was a bit timid and definitely needed it. I took him with me to any bar or restaurant that allowed dogs on the patio. He slept through most of it, but he was always happy to meet new dogs and people.
At Nara Again

At Nara Hookah Lounge
At friend's house for a BBQ
He was so tiny and cute when he first came home to us. He is still super cute, but not so much tiny anymore. I will make sure to talk about him more often and I will give you guys an update on what he looks like now. I could hold him in my arms like it was no big deal back then.



Just to give you an idea before I sign off, here's a more recent picture of my baby Enzo, and his father side by side. His father is 125lbs and his mother is 110.





Thanks again for reading. I sure do appreciate each and every one of you.


XOXO,











No comments:

Post a Comment