Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Heels Anyone??

Heels are probably one of the biggest dilemmas for tall women. I often see tall girls with short heels on and I just shake my head. Here's my theory on tall girls wearing short heels.

"If you're a tall girl wearing short heels, 
you just look like a tall girl uncomfortable being tall"

Lets do the math here. I am 6'1 3/4" but for the sake of making this easier we will call me 6'2" for the following math lesson. The average American man stands 5'9 1/2" and the average woman is 5'4 1/2", so you are already going to be taller than most men no matter what you do. Now here is the basic math:

  • 2" heels = total height of 6'4"
  • 3" heels = total height of 6'5"
  • 4" heels = total height of 6'6"
  • 5" heels = total height of 6'7"
If you saw a person 6'4" and one 6'6", would the difference be that noticeable? Nope! Why? Because they are already really tall so it doesn't matter at that point. I figured that id I'm going to be 6.5" taller than the average American man, I might as well look sexy doing it. Taller heels are sexier, make your legs look longer and your feet look smaller, so in my eyes it's worth the extra 2". Here are some examples of the shoes I wear. 
Steve Madden Caryssag 
1½" covered platform, 5½" covered heel

Zigi Soho Staple Pump
1½" platform, 5½" stiletto heel 

I use these two as an example because I just got them a few days ago but I have about 60 more pairs just like them and not a single pair have a heel shorter than 4". I probably go against all the standard rules of "How to dress well for a tall girl" because all those rules are meant to make you look shorter. I'm not trying to look shorter. I'm 6'1 3/4".....I don't think I can look much shorter. I wear high heels, skinny jeans, form fitting dresses, and I wear really short dresses. We will get more into clothes later but here is an example of me "breaking the rules".

This was taken on my 25th birthday (4 years ago)


I'll be posting links later to websites that have clothes and shoes for us Amazons.



Smooches!!
        
                                                      Dominique



2 comments:

  1. I agree. Even if you are tall enough, indeed why not to tower even more and not have even longer looking legs? Nothing wrong about it. Now my practical reasoning is all in your favour. You have already slender sleek and very long legs, heels elongate them even more and make yourself even taller. But are they comfortable? No. So you are able to wear kitten heels, walking in comfort and remaining slender, tall, and leggy. Are those few more inch worth the discomfort? What appear sexy about pumps are not the heels but the leg slendering effect, this effect though, is nothing near having naturally slender, sleek and long legs, where high heels just make the legs *look* like this. Your heels height will look unnoticed or redundant. What’s more, about for fashion what make a heel stylish is not the heel height but their overall design. You are dropping the privilege of wearing comfortable but stylish kitten heels, having already what a heel is going to give you, for a little redundant extra height and slendering effect but real discomfort. Anto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately due to me being new to blogger at the time you posted, and me then taking a hiatus form blogging, I just saw this message.
    Now onto the topic at hand. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I personally do not like kitten heels. I have some very high heels that are very comfortable. As a matter of fact, some of my highest are 5.5" and they are some of the most comfy I have. I make it a point to wear shoes that feel great so that I won't be one of those women who walk around all night looking strange because I can't walk properly in my shoes.
    Having said that, again I am sorry for taking 3 years to respond, but I am back to blogging and I will be sticking to it this time. I hope you keep on reading. XO

    ReplyDelete