Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome to The Diaries of a Tall Girl!

So as I was shopping for shoes today, and I was getting the usual stares as I paraded down the isle in my 5" heels like I was on a Milan catwalk, a lightbulb popped up on top of my head.**ching** (not sure if that's the sound a lightbulb makes but it is for the purpose of this blog).
I always preach my "proud to be tall" opinions to all the short people, but what if some of my positive thoughts could reach someone who needs it? I started thinking of all the tall girls and women who either a) won't wear heels at all or b) will only wear the 1" ones, and I decided that it was time for me to enter the world of blogging, and at that moment "The Tall Girl Diaries" were born.

Lets make a quick introduction and get past the basics.
Name: Dominique
Height: 6'1 3/4" (187.3cm)
Shoe size: 11-12 depending on the brand
Weight: 155 lbs (70.3kg)
Measurements: 33-27.5-38.5

I was born in 1982 measuring 20.47 inches and weighing a whopping 9.45 lbs, to a mother that stands 5'8" and a father who is 6'9". I NEVER played basketball, golf, volleyball, or any other sport for that matter. I am about as non-athletic as anyone person can be. By the way, that's me in the picture above. It's not the greatest picture but it's one of the few pictures that show my entire body. As you can see, I don't wear the short heels but that is a subject that we will discuss in more depth later on.

Well, since this bright idea of mine decided to actually come to life at 2:18am, I am going to have ot make this the end of my introduction because it's time for me to go nite nite.

Smooches!!
  

                  Dominique

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog!! I'm a 6'1.5...basically 6'2 as well :P
    I really love heels, but im afraid to wear them! I have one pair of pink suede platforms that are gathering dust, I just look at them :(

    But you've got such amazing confidence and its starting to rub off on me! When it gets a little warmer, I might have to put my 4 inch heels on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately due to me being new to blogger at the time you posted, and me then taking a hiatus form blogging, I just saw this message. I'm so very sorry. I am back to bloggin and this time I will stick with it. Promise. Did you start wearing your heels?

      Delete