Saturday, December 21, 2013

Let's Talk About Food

Let me start by saying that I LOVE food. I am such  a foodie. I will try just about anything at least once (I have even had meal worms and crickets, but that's another story), and will usually try things more than once just to make sure I didn't like it the first time. Well, today I want to share one of my favorite recipes.

Chicken Fajita Salad

1 Chicken breast sliced into strips
1 pack Lawry's fajita seasoning
1/2 onion sliced into strips
1 can Rotel tomatoes and chiles
1 lime
Romain lettuce
English Cucumber (aka seedless cucumber)
Fresh Cilantro
Salt
Peppar
Dollop of sour cream
1/2 avocado


Cook chicken in a skillet with 1/2 the fajita seasoning until almost done, add onions, and then add the can of Rotel and remainder of seasoning. Turn down on low/medium heat and let simmer. In the mean time, cut your lettuce and english cucumber as small as you like it, chop your cilantro, and mix together in a bowl.  Squeeze fresh lime, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once the chicken mix has boiled down and there is no water left, place lettuce mix on a plate, and then add the chicken mixture on top. Add a dollop of sour cream, slice the 1/2 avocado and place on top, and ENJOY!!


If you want you can change the recipe to use steak or ground beef as well. Also, if you want to use peppers instead or along with the onions, then that'll work too. It is healthy and absolutely delicious.

XO,


No comments:

Post a Comment