Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Monogram Candleholder DIY

Hello again!
As you probably saw in my previous post, I created some custom monogram candleholders for my friend Keno's birthday. Since this was my first try, and my original plan didn't quite work out, I had to improvise a little but they turned out great.






I started out with some plain square glass candleholders from Dollar Tree. I love that store by the way. So many little great finds can be picked up there.

Buy here
These little vases were made out of a fairly thick glass, so they didn't look or feel cheap. My original plan was to order a page of stickers already cut out in the shape of a K. I found a company online that charged $9.99 for a page and I thought I was good to go. Unfortunately those were for square stickers with a K printed on them. That wouldn't work, so I had to improvise. I printed out a sheet of K's and cut them out. What I SHOULD  have done was buy a plain page of 8.5x11 printable vinyl. It would have made my life much easier. (can be purchased here). 


I on the other hand used regular paper and then glued it onto the glass with a glue stick which I then scraped off and cleaned up with a little water on a q-tip. It was quite the hassle and paint managed to get under the K in certain places that I had to scrape off. Cutting out the letters and making sure the lettering was perfect required quite a bit of patience.
Once I sprayed them all, I let them dry a little before peeling off them K's. Don't let them dry 100% because it makes the edges slightly uneven. Unfortunately I didn't take a lot of pictures of this project, but it was pretty simple after all.
I hope you guys enjoyed this little DIY moment, and if you try it for yourself, please send me a picture.

Smooches,


Shopping List
  • Square Candle Holder(s)
  • Rust-Oleum Spray Paint (in your choice of color)
  • Printable Vinyl 8.5x11 
  • Scissors
  • Newspaper
  • Patience to cut out the letters



No comments:

Post a Comment