Sunday, March 29, 2015

DIY "Sparkly" Decorative Fruits

Hello loves!

I have been feeling extra crafty lately, and I have been seriously enjoying every bit of it. I also started baking like I'm #MarthaCrocker. And before you think I'm crazy, I intended to put the two names together. Having said that, here is yet another fabulous DIY for those of you who like fabulous things at Dollar Tree prices. I drew my inspiration from some fruits I saw a picture of somewhere. I can't remember where I found them but I had enough sense to at least save the picture.

I decided against glitter because as we all know, glitter gets ever-y-where.  I may use glitter when I make them for myself later on though.


 


I started by spraying the fruits white. Once they dried I poured epsom salt in a plastic container, painted the fruit generously with glue, and dipped it into the epsom salt. I let them sit over night to make sure they were completely dry. Once they were dry I sprayed them with the clear Rust-Oleum Glitter Seal Spray so that the salt would stay sealed on. I then sprayed a little gold paint on the wax paper, dipped my brush in it and painted both the stem and bottom (whatever it's called) gold.

           
Excuse the toes.lol
 



The finished product looked like it was purchased at Pottery Barn or something equally as expensive, when I spent a fraction of what that would have cost. I hope you enjoy!


XOXO,







Here's what you'll need:

  • Foam Fruit of your choice (Dollar Tree)
  • White Spray Paint
  • Epsom Salt (Dollar Tree)
  • Gold Spray Paint (optional)
  • Rust-Oleum Glitter Seal Spray
  • Small Paint Brush
  • News Paper
  • Craft Glue (ie. Modge Podge)

No comments:

Post a Comment